The Manuel Guerra House and Store was constructed between 1878 and 1884. It was designed and constructed by Heinrich Portscheller, a German architect. The building has a commercial retail space on the first floor and residential space on the second floor. A warehouse runs along the back of the building.
The principal entrance to the structure is at the corner of the Plaza and Hidalgo Street, and the corner of the structure is cut to accommodate the double-door entrance. This doorway is flanked by brick pilasters set on the low plinth base. The pilasters support molded brick cornice. In addition to the corner entrance, there are five other double-door entrances on the first floor of the structure. These openings have brick flat arches with a small molded brick cornice above.
On the upper level, a cast-iron balcony with repetitive panels of intricate lack-like filigree surrounding the plaza facade and the Hidalgo Street facade. The alternating windows and doors are framed by a composition of flanking pilasters and molded brick entablatures similar to the main entrance on the ground floor.
The building is crowned by a cyma recta cornice with a fillet and dentil course of brick.